Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hi Everyone

I think most of the major changes are done, I think. Now I will be just doing small stuff to improve security and hopefully make everything look better. :)

For help for existing users prior to website update read these posts:

Activating account:
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/discussion/7019/troubleshooting-my-account-from-the-switch-over

Download Area Info
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/discussion/7020/download-area-info

Please post to the administration area if you have any problems:
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/categories/ssc-administration

-D1-

Download Area Info

sscadminsscadmin DarkOne
edited December 2016 in SSC Administration

How to I get to the download area?

Well its under your WordPress profile (look for WP File Manager), which is on the main site (ex: spacesimcentral.com). It should be a file explorer style tool that will allow you to upload and download.

Currently, I am only allowing uploading and downloading permissions to files in this area. Since file renaming and folder creation can be exploited or used maliciously. I will probably make those sorts of privs available to trusted or donating members.

Try to be descriptive in your filenames please when you upload and please stick it in the correct spot (ie: folder) to my knowledge you cannot directly link to files in the download area because I have security preventing it.

I am currently working on what file extensions I will allow to be uploaded.

Have any questions just let me know.

-D1-

Comments

• Has anyone have any feedback on the download plugin in your profile? Is it working ok? How is the speed? Is uploading working for you all?

Thanks. This has separate permission system from wordpress so I want to make sure everyone can use it without issue.

• download test succeeded

• edited December 2016

Well, I have no "WP file manager" under my profile, I can only see "activity" "discussions" "inbox" "notifications" "comments". Then there are some stats about me, and that's it. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place ?

• Well, I have no "WP file manager" under my profile, I can only see "activity" "discussions" "inbox" "notifications" "comments". Then there are some stats about me, and that's it. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place ?

Go back to the wordpress side (http://spacesimcentral.com) and check your profile there. Working on the menu items in the forum area so they link back to correct locations.

• Thank you, silly me, I didn't understand that "wordpress" refered to the non-forum part of site.

• hi D1
    the download manager works fine for me,
    speed seems to be good or at least better as downloading from my "OneDrive".

a little bareboned but well that makes no difference to the content.

• a little bareboned but well that makes no difference to the content.

I kinda wanted barebones in a way, the other was a lot to maintain with all of the versioning and descriptions/screenshots. And if people uploaded multiple versions and didn't state in description it was tough to get the right one.

Least this way everything is in alphabetical order and as long as people make decent file names the download area should run itself. The security seems decent so far as well, only one issue I need to remedy is the cap the plugin has on uploads I have to contact developer and ask how you up it to 2GB or more.

• I have just downloaded the very latest version of Pioneer, but my PC is demanding to know what program created it, before it can be played. I don't understand this and am not a techie, please go easy on me, if anyone can advise. Thanks

• sscadminsscadmin DarkOne

Hmmm I think I read something about this in some pioneer threads. If you run as Administrator does this remove this issue? I wanted to say it was a Windows10 thing with a specific library. I would post in the Pioneer forums, or download from the Pioneer website since the one here might be old since I haven't checked lately.