Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hi Everyone

I think most of the major changes are done, I think. Now I will be just doing small stuff to improve security and hopefully make everything look better. :)

For help for existing users prior to website update read these posts:

Activating account:
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/discussion/7019/troubleshooting-my-account-from-the-switch-over

Download Area Info
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/discussion/7020/download-area-info

Please post to the administration area if you have any problems:
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/categories/ssc-administration

-D1-

Stellar Wanderer - A free roam space fighting RPG

c0masc0mas Heresy War Developer

Hi everyone, I'm happy to announce our new title: Stellar Wanderer.

logo_sw.jpg

It has full voice over, you can choose from various classes, grow your pilot skills and equip you ship with the best equipment in the galaxy.

Take on various missions, mine, trade, race, or freely explore the galaxy.

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

@StellarWanderer on twitter.

More info coming soon, but I'll be here for any question :)

/COmas

Comments

• edited 4:56AM

Only 1 player ship, or more will be buyable? Any capital ships for a player? Can you own a station, fleet, traders to trade for you, wingmans etc.? Crafting, pirating, bounty hunting? I've got so many questions, so more info is needed, didn't find any useful info on twitter.

• c0masc0mas Heresy War Developer
    edited 4:56AM

Only 1 player ship, or more will be buyable? Any capital ships for a player? Can you own a station, fleet, traders to trade for you, wingmans etc.? Crafting, pirating, bounty hunting? I've got so many questions, so more info is needed, didn't find any useful info on twitter.

Hi there!

There will be more info in the following weeks, but we'll not disclose everything to allow the players to discover as they play.

About ships, there will be many ships buyable, some small, some bigger, but no capital ships for the player yet. You can own multiple ships, but you can only fly one at a time. Pirating, sure, hunting, yes :-), crafting, not. Wingmans :-) ... we love wingmans, still you'll not be able to hire them (since you're the one who usually gets hired in the game) but you'll fly with wingmans in various missions as you progress trough the story.

/COmas

• PINBACKPINBACK SSC Moderator
    edited April 2
    So it's Elite with better graphics, what's the RPG bit.?

Will their be an Android version.?

Any video.?

You do know their is another game with the same name although it's a free one for the PC.

What does full voice over mean.?

Size of download.?
    Price.?
    edited April 2

So it's Elite with better graphics, what's the RPG bit.?

Will their be an Android version.?

Any video.?

You do know their is another game with the same name although it's a free one for the PC.

What does full voice over mean.?

Size of download.?

Price.?

Hi Pinback, lots of questions here ;-)

Actually I'm not sure if Elite is the closest as style ... some testers compared it with Privateer, others with Freelancer, but I can assure you there are lots of elements that make this game unique.

About the RPG ... it's actually a big pillar of the game: you start as a rookie pilot (space taxi driver) and get pulled in a plot where you ... spoiler, and ... spoiler :-) ... and spoilers again :-), but you will grow your skills as your character gains experience, choose your character class (each class with unique bonuses and abilities), gain items and credits by looting, buying, mining, etc.

Android, sure :-) ... about 300-350MB (we've done our best to reduce the package size as much as possible, and it's quite low for the amount of content in it).

The price will be in the 2.99-4.99 USD range, it's a "buy once play forever" type, no need for extra purchases, no pay to win, no freemium etc.

Videos, more screenshots and so will most likely be disclosed in the weeks to come :-)

/COmas

• edited January 2016

Auto-turrets? Drones? Evil aliens, corporations, factions (joinable?)? Sector wars, claiming them for your faction etc.? Artifacts? Boarding? Landing on planets? I could go on and on with the questionaire :)

Looks a bit like Starpoint Gemini 2 from rpg perspective and like GOF to me, which is good :)

edited April 2

Auto-turrets? Drones? Evil aliens, corporations, factions (joinable?)? Sector wars, claiming them for your faction etc.? Artifacts? Boarding? Landing on planets? I could go on and on with the questionaire :)

Looks a bit like Starpoint Gemini 2 from rpg perspective and like GOF to me, which is good :)

:-) I'm happy with fresh new questions.

Auto-turrets, yes, drones, that too, but not the way you probably think ... :-) I'll let you discover.

I'd like not to disclose so far the evil factions because I risk to spoil the plot, but of course you'll have enough enemies to fight. No landing on planets so far ... but it never knows in the future ... maybe in a update if the users will love the game :-) (it was one of the ideas we've thought a lot about).

• sscadminsscadmin DarkOne
    Hiya c0mas been a while.

Some of those screenshots have a Heresy Wars feel to them :)

Will we have sensitivity type controls for flight and shooting because I have noticed in most games that use those virtual joysticks on the screen that sometimes sensitivity ruins the experience. I know this may not be game related because every tablet and screen is different so I guess its tough to squash that type of issue on devices.

Any plans for like a leaderboard or achievements?
    edited April 2

Hiya c0mas been a while.

Some of those screenshots have a Heresy Wars feel to them :)

Will we have sensitivity type controls for flight and shooting because I have noticed in most games that use those virtual joysticks on the screen that sometimes sensitivity ruins the experience. I know this may not be game related because every tablet and screen is different so I guess its tough to squash that type of issue on devices.

Any plans for like a leaderboard or achievements?

Hi DarkOne :-)

Yes, it happens in the same universe ... kind of parallel times.

We have some sensitivity settings ... we just not decided yet if we let them enabled for virtual joystick too or just for accelerometer (people tend to change the sensitivity option and then to complain that the controls are bag :-) )

The achievements are already implemented and tested, leaderboards not yet (but are quite easy to implement) ... a good idea ;-)

/COmas

We've just published our launch trailer, check it out and let me know what you think:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUJOyWSWFA&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Very nice. Very nice indeed :)

It's out guys :-) I hope you enjoy it (and I'll be glad to hear about your experience)!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stellar-wanderer/id1059797590?mt=8

Not for android?

Not for android?

For android most likely in 1-2 months.

• sscadminsscadmin DarkOne
    edited April 2

Very nice trailer c0mas and I hope launch is doing good for you guys so far. Will players ever be able to interact at all in any way or is this simply single player experience only?

You know Android is the most popular mobile OS....... just putting that out there ;)

edited April 2

Very nice trailer c0mas and I hope launch is doing good for you guys so far. Will players ever be able to interact at all in any way or is this simply single player experience only?

You know Android is the most popular mobile OS....... just putting that out there ;)

Android is coming :-) soon, hopefully with localization to a few more languages (a matter of weeks).

So far it's just single player, but if Android is doing better than iOS ... it never knows :-) the engine has some multiplayer support.

The last update (that just went live) is 100% Community requests!

- Low/High price tracking for seen items

- Improved base off screen indicator on HUD

- Double tap brake for full stop

- Tap speed indicator to match speed with target

- Faster rocket buildup on military/high tech bases

- Several few other small fixes

Enjoy!  :nyam:

• edited March 2016

Still waiting for an android release :)

I'm working on it :-) and it's kind of close ;-)

Still no android version? :)

It's really close now, pending for a couple localizations and working to polish the latest features.

Anyone interested in some beta testing ;-) ?

I'm up for some testing :)

I'm up for some testing :)

Cool, the target for the next beta release is 14th June :-) I'll try to meet that deadline and have a clean build by then.

Alrighty then. Will wait for your update. Keep us informed ;)

:-) of course

Also, if it's not a secret, is it going well for iOS (sales wise)? :)

edited April 2

Also, if it's not a secret, is it going well for iOS (sales wise)? :)

Well ... is okish ... is not enough to go full time on this (I would develop much faster updates and expansions, multiplayer ... persistent world and other ideas I have if this would earn enough) but for now this will have to stay in my spare time. But is not bad :-) and the android and windows mobile will boost the earnings a bit.

Well, g'luck to you matey ;) Sure, android version should boost sales. Are you a solo dev?

edited April 2

Well, g'luck to you matey ;) Sure, android version should boost sales. Are you a solo dev?

For this game yes, was a solo endeavor :-) ... kind of a big one.

• edited June 2016

Very nicely done for a one man army dev :) So, no rush then, take your time matey ;)

:-) not too much time ... to see it out at some point :-) (I guess that is one of the hardest parts ... to see where to make the cut)